Did you dream of becoming a Fashion Designer since you were a child? Now is your time! The chance is here to turn your dream into a reality.
Fashion industry is one of the highest grossing industries in the world. Fashion industry is not just models walking on the runway and having photo shoots in designer clothing. It is a bigger world beyond that. The median annual wage for fashion designers was 64,030 in May 2014. Becoming a fashion designer is not for the faint of heart and will require plenty of patience and perseverance, but the reward at the end makes it all worth it.
Most of the times, young students who want to pursue a career in the fashion industry are left stuck not knowing what to do or where to go. I remember how my batch mates, who wanted to join the fashion industry, didn’t know where to go or which college to join.
They ended up giving up their dream for a boring 9 hr desk job career. Back then, we didn’t have so many good college options, as compared to now, which offered diversity in courses. Similarly, the use of internet was minimal and hence, we were not aware of the steps on how we can pursue a career in fashion industry.
Today, you can pursue whatever career you want, in whichever college you want. From animations to a CEO of your own company, a pool of career options is easily available on the internet. Moreover, the demands for such graduates are increasing in the world’s market. Companies are offering huge pay packages to graduates having graduate degrees in creative industry, like fashion.
The first step towards your goal will be the AICET. All India Combined Entrance Test (AICET) is an entrance test for all the students who are planning to pursue their careers in the creative fields like Fashion Design, Media and Graphic Design.
AICET is conducted by WLCI, a creative school that offers specially designed programs for undergraduate and graduate students to build a wide range of competencies, which enable students to join the creative field of their choice and develop into a well-rounded professional. Apart from these, WLCI also offers production oriented courses such as garment production etc.
Why should you take this test as compared to the other common entrance exams? Here’s why:
- The All India Combined Entrance Test (AICET) tests a student’s mathematical, language skills and also general knowledge.
- If you want to get a good start in your fashion career, AICET will help you get into WLCI fashion designing college and some other top creative schools.
- Unlike most other common entrance tests, AICET also focuses on evaluating your creative aptitude, which is an important factor when it comes to choosing creative careers.
- Apart from these, students get a chance to acquire real world and quality experience.
- Most other common entrance tests want their students to have a mathematical background because of which many students who didn’t take up maths as subjects in their junior college lose an opportunity. For getting admission in AICET mathematics in class 11th and 12th is not required and this gives chance for many students to come closer to their goal.
About the entrance exam:-
The entrance test – AICET for all UG and PG Programs of WLCI will be conducted on 26th June 2016 in 13 cities around India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Middle East. There is a 4 step easy application process:
- Register / Sign up online by filling in the required details. You will then have access to your account by using the email id and date of birth provided during signup. Please ensure that the email id and mobile number provide should be valid for at least one year.
- Login to your account and fill up the Application Form. Please select the programme carefully after going through the information booklet. You can always login later and continue to complete the application process. Once the payment formalities are completed, the form cannot be altered.
- Upload a photograph that should be in JPEG format only, not exceeding 500KB size.
- Select the mode of payment carefully. After making the payment of application fee, you will not be able to modify the form. In case you are opting the pay through demand draft, then details of the draft have to be filled up.
Last date for application is 19th June 2016. For more details visit: – http://www.wlci.in/
Mob. No.: +91 8527489991